Monday, October 09, 2006

Poverty

I stopped at the traffic signal in the busiest economic square besides few four wheelers and a Mercedes, waiting for the green. Here came running a thin, half naked black kid; stood infront of the Mercedes window with small eyes, spread his hands wide, muttered few words, begged. The big fat man with bright white safari and golden bracelets, reading "Economic Times of India", never bothered to pay heed to the chap, forget coins.

Certain questions peeped into my mind,

1. Will the begging kid ever in his lifetime be like the person in car?
2. Why is there such a big difference?
3. Where are the fruits of globalization?
4. Who will lift him and many others like him?

Once upon a time, I happened to stay in a very posh township with very pleasant and rich people around there continuously for six months. I came out of township to travel by a train and what I saw on the station was miserable. I was so much away from the sorrows,miseries and grief of real Indian society!

1. Beggars everywhere,
2. Drunken poor lying on roadside,
3. Unclean and un-hygienic environment,
4. Pollution, dust and poor infrastructure.

I feel only God has to take birth to make an Ideal world.

No comments: